Welcome to the iPlant Collaborative!
You have discovered a great resource for enabling your scientific computational research. iPlant is a 10-year, $100 million dollar NSF project with the goal of building and supporting a computational infrastructure that empowers life scientists and physical scientists to manage and share their data and metadata; use powerful computational resources for data and scientific image analyses; provide research cybersecurity and cloud computing; and train the next generation of scientists to use these resources to accomplish their research goals.
Regardless of your current computational skill set, from novice to accomplished programmer, we have tools and resources to improve how you do your research. iPlant was born to bring plant biologists into the next century, and we created an infrastructure that can support any science data in any domain.
What you need to get started today
Make sure you revisit these resources as you learn more about iPlant. Our users are engaged, and you’ll find new and interesting applications and tools for your research each time you come back—so come back often!
Learn about iPlant Learn about iPlant and how scientists are using it to get their science done on the iPlant website.
- See Upcoming Events on the iPlant website for the latest news about iPlant workshops and events.
- Create an iPlant account to get started today. Along with your account, you will be subscribed to The Node, a monthly email newsletter with the latest on iPlant news, events, workshops, products, and services. For more information, see Registering for an iPlant Account.
- Visit the iPlant Learning Center on our website for quick introductions to iPlant services:
- Prefer a document you can read on the screen or print to peruse over coffee? Click the Download the Toolkit link for a full description of iPlant services.
- Want to relax and watch a video demo? Click the See all tutorials link for Minute Tours of iPlant services.
- Explore information on online tutorials, upcoming webinars, and workshops.
- Read the Get Started page in the Learning Center too.
- Learn about the iPlant Data Store in the Learning Center and how to manage and access data on the iPlant Wiki.
- Learn how to share and analyze your data from a web browser using our easy-to-use Discovery Environment, which provides a graphical user interface for hundreds of bioinformatics applications.
- Visit the iPlant Apps Wiki page for a list of programs, documentation, and sample data.
- Learn about powerful free cloud computing for analysis and software distribution, using Atmosphere — great for users who prefer to set up their own environment. Visit the Atmosphere Manual on our Wiki for detailed instructions.
- Learn how to manage your image data online using Bisque.
Get help when you need it
We all need a little help sometimes, and at iPlant we are standing by to give you the support you need.
- Use the iPlant Wiki to learn how to use all of iPlant’s platforms and services.
- Email iPlant Support for technical support such as resetting your password.
- Learn about Ask iPlant, where you can submit your questions or see others’ questions — the place to connect with iPlant’s knowledgeable bioinformaticians and users.
- Stay up to date on each service by subscribing to iPlant mailing lists.
Leverage iPlant for your entire project
iPlant offers science support for everyone, from individual users to multi-institutional collaborations.
- Learn about iPlant in your classroom using DNA Subway.
- Learn how to leverage iPlant components for your own computational platform.
- Apply for iPlant Collaborative Support.
Something to say?
We’d love to hear from you!